Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - New IMRC Actuator Still Get Code P1518
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2013, 11:34 PM   #39
SuperStockAMX
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89501
What I Drive: 2003 Comp Orange EAP SVT

Points 691, Level 13
Points: 691, Level: 13 Points: 691, Level: 13 Points: 691, Level: 13
Level Up 82% Completed
Level up: 82% Level up: 82% Level up: 82%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 SuperStockAMX Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Two pistons were bad. #3 looks more like a "D" as it torched the firewall side through the rings and ring lands. #2 is cracked 180* between the wrist pin. When I screw up, I don't pull any punches!
Sent a good piston off this week to Diamond. The new pistons will be significantly better than factory with much better rings, lighter, stronger and coated skirts and crowns. Of course they could be made out of diamonds and if the engine doesn't get fuel, it'll happen again.
I've got a source on cams and he's going to put a regrind on both for me, sent them off this week also.
Also have new IMRCM, t-stat housing from CFM with 180* stat, new water pump, ARP rod & head bolts, rod bearings (the factory bearings look perfect with 130,000 miles on them), fuel pump, sock & filter. Also bought 4 valves for the #3 chamber and will sand / polish the dinged up chamber. Changing the valves as a precaution.
I should have the cams shortly and the pistons will be 2-3 weeks.
The. I'll have Tom tune it while I drive it this time