Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - 2012 automatic shifting and humidity.....relationship?
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 07:26 AM   #2
Seminoles
Focus Addict

Fan#: 98405
What I Drive: 2012 SGM SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 Seminoles Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnprall View Post
I live in MN. My 2012 HB has 13000 miles.

I noticed that when it got more humid out over the last two weeks, the transmission has been acting funny.

Seems that the car stutters and will shift hard into 2nd gear. Then throughout the acceleration period, it'll shift a little harder between gears.

In addition, the car seems to stutter in first gear when doing a rolling stop (like a "California stop") or if releasing the gas to coast and then restart at very low MPH.

When it's not so humid, this doesn't seem to happen and never happend all during the winter (I bought my car in August 2012 so it hasn't seen high humidity).

Is there a possible relationship? Worth bringing it in to the dealer?

Any thoughts would be appreciated. This seems different than what's been described in other popular automatic transmission threads (but maybe not, I'm not an expert).
Depends on what you mean by hard shift drive train jerks against mounts shaking car or just fast right into gear which is what you want less clutch wear. Now for rolling stop stop don't do them there is some out there that will give tickets for that, anyway this is a transmission that has two clutches and two three speeds one with reverse so its like doing a rolling stop with out pushing in the clutch on a manual trans, first gear is low but not as low as low range in my 4x4 truck which I can get out and walk next to while it idles along in first low here is what Ford said on that when I told them about looking for a parking spot or dead stop on interstate they require jack rabbit starts not grandma starts so red light to red light I give the car in front a few more seconds leave time before going and this made a difference.

Think of the brake peddle as a clutch peddle when on clutch is off when off clutch is on to slow a start or slow speed = shutter like lugging a standard trans.

There could be a water seal left out like on the wipers TSB no recalls anymore LOL things happen, or a ground lose when moisture gets in all kinds of wired things can happen so yes take it in but plan on leaving it. It might show a code or freeze frame data that will not trigger the check engine light like the grill shutters if they don't close fully when there suppose to then no light just stored info.