Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - How To: Proper EGR Delete *now with 20% more How*
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 10:50 AM   #87
joesperformance
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92411
What I Drive: 01 Focus SE Sedan, Zetec

FF Reputation: 3 joesperformance Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
correct, I didn't bother with a EGR block off plate, I just left my EGR valve bolted on and just moved the vacuum line from it, saved some money, as long as no vacuum going to EGR Valve then it stays closed....

do everything as stated in this post, remove EGR valve, remove EGR pipe, block off EGR valve hole on IM and block hole on Exhaust where u remove the EGR pipe..... then just move the vacuum line from the top of the EGR Valve itself over to the square box that was attached to the EGR pipe by 2 rubber hoses and your done.... ill get u a pic in a few of where to hook the vacuum line from EGR Valve to on the black box....

if there's no NAPA near you, u can also go to O Reilly or Autozone and use the part number from this pic, its what I used and had no problems....

PIC OF PLUG ITSELF, I LIKE THIS PLUG, CUZ IT USES JUST A STANDARD 3/8" DRIVE RATCHET OR EXTENSION END TO INSTALL, NO SOCKET OR WRENCH NEEDED.... NO TAP OR PASTE OR THREAD LOCKER OR ANYTHING IS NEEDED ON THE THREADS, I HAND SCREWED MINE IN AND NO LEAKS AT ALL, AND I CAN PUT IT IN AND OUT AS NEEDED WITH NO TOOLS BASICALLY....

HERE IT IS INSTALLED ON MY HEADER, ITS ON THE RIGHT HEADER TUBE, ITS THE SHINEY PLUG....

Sedan Revolution #232