Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - How do you drive your SVT?
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 09:13 AM   #25
MustangBillJr
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 70107
What I Drive: 2003 CD Silver SVT

FF Reputation: 1 MustangBillJr Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordManSVT View Post
Why have a car that takes premium fuel for fuel economy? I drive it like you stole it. Until you decide to do a turbo project like i did in which lands it sitting in my driveway for the last 3 years lol. Maybe once I get this turbo project done ill be able to redline 6th.
Name another car that doesn't take premium, gets 28-30mpg, cost around the same(mine was 12k in 2009 w/ 13k miles), and is as fun to drive as an SVT? For me, I wanted a fun reliable car for my DD, and I'm a Ford guy so the cheapest most logical car was the SVT for me. It gets 28-30 every tank, and I drive it spirited at times, but just don't see the point of beating the balls off of it. It also looks nice next to my 03' SVT Lightning, and 07' STI lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarmac View Post
I've never gotten above 27 mpg. At this point I chalk it up to California gas.

I often skip 1-2-4-6, something like that.

Maybe once a week I will wring it out to 7k, but after it is definitely warmed up.
My car originally came from California and didn't make the trip to CT until 2009. The original owner was pretty anal about the car and had a gas log book which showed multiple tanks over 28mpg, a couple even over 30 and as high as 34-35.

Bill
2003 SVT Focus #2746 -- CFM ORP & K&N Panel Filter DD
2003 SVT Lightning "DSG" -- Stock 13.21 @ 103.98 353hp 429tq
2007 STi -- Fiance's DD -- Grimmspeed EBCS & Phatbotti Tuned 259hp 276tq @ ECS