Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Facepalm.... Kia
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 08:51 AM   #48
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

Points 24,718, Level 95
Points: 24,718, Level: 95 Points: 24,718, Level: 95 Points: 24,718, Level: 95
Level Up 37% Completed
Level up: 37% Level up: 37% Level up: 37%
Forum Activity 10%
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%
FF Reputation: 49 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Even though I'm not personally a fan of Kia/Hyundai, it's tough for me to dismiss them as a whole. Their cars are better now than they were when they first started in our market, and if they were such vile pieces of crap then they would have already Chrysler'ed. Realistically speaking, they serve a part of the American market or they wouldn't still be here. All politics aside, everybody wants American until they see the price tag. Then they suddenly want the American car assembled in Mexico. That have wheels made in China. That have electronics built in Taiwan. With German engineering.

While the specifics of the situation vary, the point of being an American is having the illusion of choice. Say what you want to ease your cognitive dissonance, but I'm sure that many of the 'all-American' supporters probably don't realistically have the income to support an 'all-American' household. Or they don't own much stuff. There's actually a pretty big world out there if you open your eyes and try to dissolve your ignorance.
2014 FiST-