dbsimms63
Focus Addict

Fan#: 110359
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Titanium 5dr

FF Reputation: 2 dbsimms63 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyn085 View Post
The problem with that is that unscrupulous members could post and do exactly that and then soak up some members money and skip town. This would obviously anger members and would not reflect well on the site. That is why these precautions are taken. Your original thread started as a feeler and was allowed but quickly grew past that. If it was deemed otherwise it would have been shut down faster. There is a difference between asking members what they would like to see and creating organized ordering lists.

If the manufacturer set the minimum at 8 and is starting to raise that bar, that is a separate issue in itself. But even so, your list already covers it. The way you've presented it just comes off wrong. Perspective is everything, and if you remove your emotion and read through the whole thread you may understand. Put yourself in my shoes-at my end of the internets.

Obviously this item will end up occurring no matter what, as evidenced by the Ebay links. All I'm saying is that you need to coordinate exactly what the item is for the group buy, announce that information, and then stick by it.
Well the one on Ebay is not for the MK3, so even if it happens it won't help this group. People asked me questions that I had not yet discussed with the manufacturer, so I was trying to accommodate.
Here's where it stands:
I will have all the nailed down details after I meet with them on Saturday, and if everyone likes it great, and if not then it will be a mute point.
So I'll update it Saturday evening. If you have any unanswered questions, post them, and I'll take it with me when I meet with them and ask then, and post the finalized details.