Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Ford bought back my 2012 Focus....
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 06:09 AM   #40
Seriously Focused
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101141
What I Drive: 2012 SGM SE Sport 5 Dr

FF Reputation: 1 Seriously Focused Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBrown1992 View Post
Unfortunately I feel I am in the same shoes..2012 Focus SE Hatchback 5 speed with ~25k miles.So far, the A Pillar was not properly bolted on, both front seats have had back springs break, AC vent wouldn't move, engine overheat, replaced clutch, factory body panel punctures, and now its in for an engine knock and the carpeting tearing apart.I'm not sure how much worse your situation was, but after a month worth of Warranty repairs since 5/19/12, I'm getting sick of taking work off to have my car fixed.If I may ask, who did you contact about the buyback? I'm tempted to send an email to headquarters and the dealer I bought the car from, but I don't want my email to just get "lost".
That's an amazing story ! You have seats that have broken springs ? Carpet tearing apart ? Incredible ! You either have the worst car in history, OR you pack it full of football players and drive it off road!

I'm a pretty big guy at 6'3" and about 275 and I drive my car about 72 miles a day, five days a week. My Focus does not even have a hint of ANY of the problems that you outlined. Now I have only had the car for on year and 17, 000 miles so maybe that's the difference ??