View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 12:24 PM   #109
2000blackzx3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 9744
What I Drive: 2002 SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 21 2000blackzx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I'm using a set of 225/45/15 BFG Rivals this year, and those things deliver, grip is significantly better than my ZI's I had last year. They take a lot more slip angle than Dunlop's while still maintaining grip... soooo forgiving. Less response in slaloms though, which you mostly notice on the road, everything goes so fast on the track you are just like "omg those things glue" and you can give ridiculous steering inputs to dodge cones where you think you were toast.

I'm in FSP with a Torsen diff. That thing is way faster than my STF build last year... only because of the diff and tires... I had like the 3rd/4th raw time on a 65 drivers field at a practice event on a STOCK SVT suspension minus rear konis and sway.

First event with my coilovers with Koni RACE-like damping...300F 350R spring rates... the car was a BEAST to drive, best FWD I've ever driven in near stock form. I could have ran within 2.5 secs of FTD (300+ whp Civics / Subarus on slicks...) (minus a Formula SAE car) before I hit a guard rail and bent a tie-rod because of ABS that didn't know how to act. Still finished 9th overall with my first of 6 allowed runs before which I didn't even have time to walk the course. First run was a 65.X (no course walk!)... 2nd 61.8 but missed a gate.... 3rd was in the guard rail. FTD was around 60.X. However, my inserts (which are not exactly RACE ones but one-offs) seem to like getting blown... I'll have see what I can run for my next events. Anyone has V3's to sell ? :P Any cheap options here? Konis/H&R Race would be a quick one... but still money.

A quick vid of my first run ever of the season... a little late at some boxes, first time spotting the course (in later runs I had to use 3rd gear in the last section).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCLiAsQru5M