View Single Post
Old 06-01-2013, 09:27 PM   #44
Vanquished
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 114099
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Titanium 5 Door

FF Reputation: 1 Vanquished Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Installed my Steeda CAI today (10 minutes after getting it) and I'm so far pretty happy with it. Makes a nice (and louder than I expected) sound and it kinda feels like it has more power but the sound is obviously more noticeable.

I will say, I'm disappointed with ford for making little annoyances like using those stupid Torx bolts (and the ones on the MAF were a diff size than those on the underside of the car) luckily I had a screw driver that was small enough (and I also had the correct Torx bit) but I'm just annoyed that they can't use the same form for all. I'm also mad at Ford for that really stupid battery set up. I was unable to loosen the negative lead that is on placed in an accessible location and I also have no idea how to get the battery out so I just said screw it as far as "resetting" the ecu by de-powering it. I will say, that CAI was a b*tch to install in that little engine compartment. If you do it the way the Steeda directions tell you to, you'll never get it in...

Alas, the end result is good. It looks good, and sounds good. And I'm sure it does add power perhaps a day in the 90s is not the ideal temp to test it out...

Anybody know if the Steeda is C.A.R.B. certified/how to get a sticker if it is?

Last edited by Vanquished; 06-01-2013 at 11:03 PM.