Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Predator Help
Thread: Predator Help
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2005, 08:07 PM   #6
svtfocus2k4
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 15709
What I Drive: 2004 SB SVTF 2003 DSG Cobra

FF Reputation: 1 svtfocus2k4 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
email sent.

Also here is what Sidney sent me to help. Hopefully this can help someone else out later down the road.

This may take a min so you might want to print this or take notes. Right click on my computer then click on properties, then go to hardware, then device manager, then click the plus sign next to ports, then right click on comunications port (it should also say what com port it is assigned to), then click on properties. Once all this is pulled up just lets start with a clean slate, make sure on device status it says "This device is working proplerly", then click on port settings, mine reads as follows and since mine works with the predator ok just match them up:
Bits per second: 115200
Data Bits: 8
Parity: None
Stop Bits: 1
Flow Control: None

Then below this click on advanced, then make sure "use fifo buffers" check box is empty (not selected). Then change the com port number to com 2 or one from the drop down menu that is not used (it will say "in use" if that com port is not available.

Next click on Driver and make sure it says Microsoft and then click update driver just to make sure you have the newest one.

Skip the Details tab

then click on Resources and at the bottom make sure it says "No Confilicts".

After all this your com port should be working and all set up. Power up your Predator (hook it up in the car) and hook up the serial cable to it and your laptop (make sure they both have a good conection. Then with the predator booted up to the screen that says "Custom Tune" "Diagnostics" and "Options" click on "Options", then scroll down to "Serial Baud" and since we set your laptop to "115200" we set the Predator to "115200" after this press "ESC" on the predator and keep doing so untill you are at the main menu (Custom Tune" "Diagnostics" and "Options" screen) then while at the main menu open the "CMR DAT" program on your laptop. Click on Options, then Port settings, and match it up with what ever was selected on laptop ( I sugested com 2), the on the same screen select "Baud 115K" and click "OK". after this go to streaming and click on "Start" after this I am not too sure what to do since I don't have it hooked up to my computer or my car but if you get this far and have a conection you can play around with it and figure out the stuff. The only thing you have to remember is you can only monitor six settings in the live stream mode, other than that every thing is great. When you are done click on the red box (stop) and it will stop the data stream and ask you at some point if you would like to save the data log. Click yes and note the spot it is saved and there you go.