75TM75
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 115160
What I Drive: 2012 White Focus SE hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 75TM75 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TboneZX3 View Post
The DCT would be much smoother if it were a wet-clutch transmission like the DSG. However, it isn't, and is much cheaper to maintain in the long run for that reason (dry clutch). Comparing wet-clutch and dry-clutch systems is not exactly comparing apples to apples.

Most complaints have been from MyFord Touch owners. I see you have an SE, so I suppose you don't have the touch screen. What issue are you having with SYNC?
I do not have My Touch, just plain Jane Sync. My issues are: 1 - the unit defaults to Sync USB (as opposed to keeping your last selection, in my case Bluetooth audio) every time you shut the car off.
2 - the steering wheel mounted switches are very poor (cruise control as well as Sync / radio), it takes 2 or 3 presses before the unit responds and since they are "rocker" type switches sometimes they respond opposite of how you expect, ie. volume up as opposed to volume down.
3 - Sync apparently does not understand my voice or English
4 - the unit will not read any USB thumb drive
Extremely disappointed with the Focus as a whole, the car has potential, but is not ready for primetime