Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc)
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 11:33 PM   #1848
mattvrablik
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 114314
What I Drive: 2013 SE HB w/ 5sp & Appearance Pkg

FF Reputation: 1 mattvrablik Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I would agree with the concerns about MFT. I mean, some people really like what you can do with the platform, and it does have potential. But I've also read about people having to 'reboot' their car for MFT to start working again, and I don't trust something which tends to distract me from watching the road, as well as making it more complex to change the temperature.

I just bought an SE HB with the 5speed and Appearance Package. That's all I wanted. Heck, if the sport package was still available, I might ha considered skipping the leather. But my car has knobs for climate control, and I like that simplicity and immediacy...and less likely to break!

I finally got a good deal, btw. Was tempted to special order just the color I wanted (race red) but I realized that dealers were not going to commit to a price on a future car, not knowing rebates (and, of course, probably knowing that I wanted it enough to pay a bit more :). So I finally located just what I wanted in silver, at a dealer that had several manuals...more than they needed...17875+tax+registration+doc fees...even with all the taxes, it was a great deal.