Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Hey it's a good car and this is crazy, but let's make so HP maybe?
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 12:37 AM   #38
CotyM
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85558
What I Drive: blue, y2k, 5spd ZX3, zetec inside

FF Reputation: 3 CotyM Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Svt_kid View Post
You wont see much gain with the pulleys maybe 1-3hp iirc. Best way to cut off A/C drag is to just turn it off lol you cant have it on at the track anyway.
Well, I like my A/C lol... It's not really a big deal, I just don't like how dramatic it is when cycling on and off, maybe because it's new compressor... (remanufactured less than 100 miles of run time ago)... I dunno, it just gives allot of drag, cold as a storm that could freeze hell over though, so underdriving I don't think would affect the A/C to much...

Quote:
Now I am not sound system expert but I believe its in your best interest to have a capacitor to prevent damage to the alternator. Trust me they are no fun to change when they die they are almost impossible to get out.
From my knowledge of electrical systems, I'm ok... Since my AMP only pulls 100RMS (that's continues power draw judging from context) with a peak surge of 200watts... This can be buffered fully by my battery, when jamming with headlights and fogs on I have no dimming or flashing

Quote:
If you have the stock motor mounts on the car you shouldn't feel much difference in added vibration from raising the idle to 1000, I think you will have more noise then anything else. Just a side note don't get polly motor mounts unless your committed to driving a "vibrating pig" everyday.
No polly's for me then
Hatch Nation #32

I'm mad! Your mad! We're all mad here!