Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Hey it's a good car and this is crazy, but let's make so HP maybe?
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 03:21 PM   #36
CotyM
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85558
What I Drive: blue, y2k, 5spd ZX3, zetec inside

FF Reputation: 3 CotyM Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I was looking around (bored) on CFM and I ran into "underdrive pulleys" are these any good?

Are gains worth it? I run a 200w amp with 100w TDP for a sub (not mega bass, but provides a good sound which is all I wanted) with no capacitor. Would I have any problems with the alternator? I drive mostly highway miles mixed day/night with sometimes up to 20mins in traffic at a time. I'm aware that a tune can edit the idle and I do plan to bring it to 1000.. but I don't want to go about 1200...

http://focus.c-f-m.com/cfm2pcaluminu...csvtst170.aspx

Also while looking for info I saw the old ones did not have a vibration damper but they looked allot different then these ones... Is there anyone that can tell me if the new ones have a damper and if not if it's that big of a deal for the ZETEC?

Remember this is my DD and I'm looking to improve some HP and if I can keep some mpgs but not so much that I have a vibrating pig. I'm mostly only interested in these to cut down on the A/C drag...

Also what's the deal with off road pipes being upwards of $200? that's more than a good cat for a bone stock ZETEC
Hatch Nation #32

I'm mad! Your mad! We're all mad here!