Aerodax
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 106940
What I Drive: 2012 Sterling Gray Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Aerodax Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyd9 View Post
I don't think the purpose of the class action (in this case) is to make a profit. Instead, I suspect the reasoning would be to force Ford to acknowledge the issues, to take them seriously, and to find and implement a resolution for them.

In MANY cases, a large company like FoMoCo can easily ignore (or just blow off) singleton consumers, but when those consumers gather into a group (or class), the combined weight (and threatened penalties) force recognition.

As well, it could get the attention of various government attorney's who would then pursue the same issues from a non-civil standpoint. For example, if its proven that Ford has known about DCT issues but failed to reveal those issues to customers, they would be guilty of violating multiple consumer protection and unfair trade acts in many (most?) US states; guilty of violating various warranty related laws at both the state and federal level, etc. Ford knows this, so if a class is created, I'd be willing that Ford suddenly becomes much more proactive to resolve any issue.

Currently, it APPEARS that ford is willing to try and ignore the issues in hopes that they'll either go away, or that the issue won't reach the courts before warranty limits expire.
Ya, if a case is formed I know for sure I'm pushing for a subponia of my service tech, who called me on his cell phone and told me Ford is purposfully ignoreing the issue. When I went through abritration they would not subponia him after he refused to attend the hearing for fear of losing his job.