Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Where are the 5-speeds????
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 09:56 PM   #263
FocusSE2.0
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 112411
What I Drive: Schwinn

FF Reputation: 1 FocusSE2.0 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Thumbs up Possible Remedy for Engine Bog?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjrommel View Post
anyone notice the "anti-stall" feat ford added? I am starting to find it VERY annoying when you have traction control ON because it bogs down the engine and nearly impossible to take off without stalling on gravel or something soft. pretty much only way to launch is to keep foot on brake and ease off clutch until the "anti-stall" crap kicks in and let off brake and go with it. anyone else notice that? sorry for the English cbf typing proper on iPhone :/
I did some reading and came to find out that you can turn off the traction control (TC). The procedure is posted here: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/s...7&postcount=10 Unfortunately, it resets to "On" when you shut off the engine and restart it. I drove the car with the TC off and immediately felt a noticeable improvement. I was able to "feather" the clutch from a standing stop at lower RPMs and the engine didn't seem to bog at lower speeds. There does not appear to be a way to permanently disable TC without pulling the fuse or fabricating some type of bypass. Give it a try and see if you notice a difference.