Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc)
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2013, 06:09 PM   #1844
izzzzz
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 114828
What I Drive: I ride Da Bus

FF Reputation: 1 izzzzz Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hello everyone! I have a little bit of a different situation than most and would like some opinions on the different aspects. The short of it all is that I am going to be relocating from Honolulu to Charleston, SC some time at the end of June or beginning of July (I dont have a date settled on yet...) and I am about 95% sure that unless some great offer comes on a used car between then and now I want a new Focus HB (SE or Titanium).

My only requirement is a manual. Is the Sony/Nav really worth the upgrade cost? I feel like I want it because I like the tech behind it, but it increases the cost like $5000 adding lots of other options I dont care about. Then again I dont really want to go after market either, ha. I would like a moonroof, but again I can take it or leave it. Basically what I am getting at is I am super flexible, especially for the right price. I want the best bang for my buck (who doesnt, right?).

Here is where my situation gets a little more interesting. First, I am fairly flexible with where I can pick up the car. Im going to be flying from HNL and would not be against stopping somewhere and driving the rest of the way to Charleston (Ive been on a 30 mile rock for three years). I would have to get a deal worth my while if it was a significant difference but I would entertain the idea. Not sure how buying a car out of state is but seems like its not really much of a pain.

Also, since I wont be leaving for at least a month, should I hold off on thinking about purchasing? It seems like the incentives are pretty good right now, will they get better/worse? If the price was right, any idea how long a dealer would hold it?

Thanks in advance for help you can provide. To give an example of a couple cars Im looking at, here are links of what I think are pretty good deals. (Even when adding in freight/processing fee)

Focus Titanium

SE

Email: gfginter@gmail.com