Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Focus Titanium "Low Battery see Owner's Manual" after 20 Minutes of Stereo on
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2013, 08:55 AM   #1
Vanquished
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 114099
What I Drive: 2013 Dodge Charger R/T Plus

FF Reputation: 1 Vanquished Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
2012 Focus Titanium "Low Battery see Owner's Manual" after 20 Minutes of Stereo on

Hey Everyone,
I wanted to see if this problem is normal for the Focus under the given scenario.

So, I like to listen to music in the car (2012 Focus Titanium) while detailing it. I have the Sony 10 speaker sound system and after listening to the stereo (USB) at volume 9 or ten for about 20 minutes I got a message on the screen that says "Low Battery See Owner's Manual" I can't remember if I had accidentally left the fan on (i know it would make a difference) but on another instance I got the message after 40 minutes of music playing (went into battery saving mode once and I had to turn it back on) with no fan on.

I guess I can accept it if we just have a very weak low capacity battery but I used to listen to the stereo on my Mitsubishi Montero (same wattage stereo) with a 5 year old battery at the same or a little higher volume for a very long time (well over an hour) without it ever draining past being able to start or even a noticeable drain.

Just seems odd to me that a brand new car would be so inefficient or have such a bad battery. I know the stereo probably uses a lot of juice but...

Thanks!
-Vanq