Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - fine swirls in tuxedo black
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 04:08 PM   #10
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

Points 23,345, Level 93
Points: 23,345, Level: 93 Points: 23,345, Level: 93 Points: 23,345, Level: 93
Level Up 99% Completed
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Forum Activity 26%
Activity: 26% Activity: 26% Activity: 26%
FF Reputation: 49 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbenney View Post
just thought i would keep you guys updated. I bought some ccs foam pads and attempted to remove swirls by hand using an orange, red and white pads with maguiars ultimate compound and swirl x. WOW what a PITA! after doing only the deck lid my shoulder was sore and very little difference.
I decided to go the DA route. I bought a portercable 7424 and a variety of lake country ccs pads and again used ultimate compound with a yellow cutting pad followed by swirl x and an orange light cutting pad... WHAT A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE! my deck lid looks new now. I didnt take any pics before and after but i will take some of the hood if you guys are interested.

any way, i learned my lesson about the snow brush. i guess next winter im gonna look like one of those tards that drives around with a foot of snow piled up on their roof hood and trunk LOL
You used the pads...by hand?

Yes, the PC will pay for itself in time. Just make sure you follow up with a good coat of wax or sealant, and keep it there all year. As pointed out above, swirls generally come from an improper wash. If you can fix what's wrong with your hand-wash, future sessions with the PC will go much more smoothly.
2014 FiST-