Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Don't see many loaded SEs or Tis on the road
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 09:52 PM   #38
Tigeo
Focus Addict

Fan#: 113481
What I Drive: 2013 Ignot Silver Focus HB

FF Reputation: 1 Tigeo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Speaking of demographics..it would be interesting to see a demographic of small car owners by education level. Warning..what is about to come is based purely on observation and is not scientific in any way. This is not intended to start a flame-war or insult anyone....just stuff I think about. Generally speaking, higher education levels equate to higher income levels. I have always thought that most buyers with higher education levels (college, grad school) go with foreign brands such as Honda etc. Conversely, domestic companies like Ford often sell to an overall lower-education level/lower income base so they typically sell more lower trim level vehicles than higher ones. Go to an area like Northern VA (outside of D.C.)...mostly higher trim-level imports by and large. The overall education level is high in that area as are the income levels. Go to a rural area in VA and you see mainly domestics and lower trim levels. My point is this, I think you are more likely to see higher trim level Honda Civics (EXs) than higher trim level Ford Focuses (Titaniums) on the road based on the demographics of the typical Ford vs. Honda owner. Discuss. Finally, I fall into the higher education/income level and went with a Ford..go figure!