I've got an odd issue I'd like to get some opinions on. I have a 2004 Ford Focus SVT with 248k miles.
While accelerating from 40mph to freeway speed the car shudders as if a wheel is out of balance. Soon as I letup on the accelerator the shudder stops and I have a perfectly smooth ride. Power feels great so I don't think its an engine misfire.
While stopped I can rev the engine or put it under load but I'm not able to replicate the issue. I have to be over 40 mph and under moderate engine load as if some part of the moving mass is out of balance.
So far I have replaced or checked the following parts trying to get this issue resolved.
- All three engine/trans mounts
- All 4 tires are new
- Drivers side axle is new
- Drivers side ball joints are new
- Both sway bar end links are new
- Checked both tie rod ends they appear tight
- Checked the drivers side axle for split boots but they look ok and when I turn tight parking lot corners I don't hear any clicking