Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Don't see many loaded SEs or Tis on the road
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 12:46 PM   #4
Just Tom
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 106663
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Ti (5 Dr.)

FF Reputation: 3 Just Tom Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigeo View Post
One thing have noticed is the lack of upper-end Focus trim levels on the road i.e. SE w/201a or Titanium..especially with the handling package (18" wheels giving it away). I suppose folks have an issue spending a lot on this kind of car..but I would argue that you find a nicer car for $20k like mine! Is this something others have noticed?
It must be a regional thing based on what the dealerships order from the factory. Here in SoCal, virtually every Focus I see on the road is either an SE (at the minimum) or a Titanium, like mine. I also have the handling package which you referenced, earlier. Yes, generally speaking, I think when you start pushing $28k-30k many people opt for other brands. That being said, with this economy, there are probably a lot more people who've downgraded from more expensive luxury brands who wouldn't settle for anythig less than a fully loaded Focus. This seems to be very prevalant in the area where I live.