View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 07:12 PM   #21
84Camaro_L69
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105844
What I Drive: 2012 Diamond Tri Coat White SEL HB

FF Reputation: 1 84Camaro_L69 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
You guys are right on the money. Just as you stated before, because it is a major purchase a lot of folks accept the issues (like me) because your stuck with it for several years and the dealer doesn't have a way to fix it after holding it hostage all day pretending to take a look at it. If it doesn't act up in front of them then its as if the device is ok. I'm going to live with my issues and be grateful it isn't as bad as some folks.

I do tell folks who think about buying one the pros and cons but I don't try to sway their decision one way or the other. I do admit that I've learned to live with the quirks for now, but I am not attached to the car and would trade it for something else in a heartbeat. Honestly I thought about upgrading to the ST but since I would most likely get the tech package I'm keeping what I've got and saving my money.

When the software upgrade was done last year I hoped it would fix the quirks. It didn't but it did improve the Bluetooth while driving on the highway. After reading the reviews I was hard pressed to consider the extended warranty because of the MFT. My wife's Elantra with its MFT equivalent and the manufacturer refused to cover I because she had 30k miles on the car and made her e the extended warranty, a new unit cost $800 (from what I recall) but her warranty deductible was only $100. I do worry my MFT will die and I'll be stuck buying a new one. If so, hopefully it'll perform better that the original one.