Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - My Ford Touch Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2013, 11:52 PM   #3130
garyd9
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 114024
What I Drive: '13 Dark Gray Focus Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 garyd9 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbsimms63 View Post
Everyone wishes it would work. Unfortunately that will never be the case as the system is wholly underpowered as it doesn't have enough RAM and the processor speed is too slow , and it doesn't have a big enough hard drive for storage. Ford will never be able to fix it.
At one point, I was willing to be more forgiving about the MFT thing. Now, I'm not. When I purchased my car less than 2 weeks ago, the "myford touch" technology that was advertised and explained to me was a deciding factor in my purchase. MFT wasn't an "option" in my vehicle (its standard in the titanium trim.)

Had I known that this "advanced" technology wasn't even capable of figuring out the time from a GPS satellite (and was stripped of the option for me to manually tell it to use DST), it would have greatly lowered the chances of me purchasing the car. Ford knew about that defect, but chose to hide it from me.

Had I known that my fully automatic climate control system would require that push buttons a few times EVERY SINGLE TIME I start my car in order for it to be able to figure out if the A/C is on or off, it would have also influenced my decision. Ford knew about and chose to hide this defect as well.

Had I known about HALF the defects I've already found in the system, three of which I have evidence that Ford was aware of before I purchased, I probably wouldn't have purchased the car.

It's not that I dislike the focus. In fact, I enjoy most aspects of it. However, I'd have serious doubts about making a major purchase from any company that can't get something as simple as a clock programmed correctly. Now I drive around paranoid that similar flaws might exist in the transmission control unit, or the ECU, or any number of other firmware driven parts of the car.

Maybe tomorrow morning, because I have more than 50 contacts on my bluetooth phone, the airbags in my car will all explode.

Perhaps when daylight savings time ends, my car's transmission will decide that engaging the clutch used for "hill start assist" when going 65 MPH on the highway would be fun.

All the while, Ford will respond with "normal undesired characteristic condition - no further service action is advised."