Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - How to remove and replace door lock actuator, exterior handle,keyhole and interior handle
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 10:18 PM   #15
darossi3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83732
What I Drive: 2003, Blue, ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 darossi3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
omg i juuuuust worked on my passenger handle today almost all day and finished and i get on and find this thread. So heres my experience.

A friend of mine broke my passenger door handle(the metal tab that was outlined in your pics). So i took my handle off, which is really easy to figure out btw even without having ever taken one off before, and took a trip to my local salvage yard.

After looking forever for damn door handles with a lock(zx3) i found one. Well apparently this happens alot because most of the door handles were already taken.

Get back to my pad and install the new door handle only to find that my door would work in every circumstance except when the door locks, then unlocks the handle wouldnt release the door. I still had to open from the inside. If the door was unlocked already(by pulling the inside handle) the door would work fine. I sat there for hours trying to figure out what the hell was going on. I compared rods, i installed, reinstalled, re-reinstalled and no luck. I took my latch out and messed with it and NOTHING. I finally got mad and took a hammer to the thing out of anger and voila. The latch RELEASED! Apparently something on the inside of the latch mechanism started sticking and when i hit it i knocked it free. My door now works 100%(at least until it sticks again). I hit the plastic part on the latch inside of the door not the outside. Hope this helps.