Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - $1000 to spend on a stock zx3
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 10:50 PM   #17
DoctorJ
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 113834
What I Drive: 2001 Twilight Blue sedan

Points 38, Level 1
Points: 38, Level: 1 Points: 38, Level: 1 Points: 38, Level: 1
Level Up 76% Completed
Level up: 76% Level up: 76% Level up: 76%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 DoctorJ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
To me, unless your rebuilding the entire engine; anything beyond a tune is a waste. I can't see adding nitrous or anything to a stock engine of my daily driver that i need to rely on. Just my 2 cents.

Rather than trying to go fast, breaking parts that you haven't upgraded in the process; and I'd assume getting a few tickets along the way like I did when i was younger; I'd spend the $1000 on brakes and suspension.

The M-3000-ZX3A SVT suspension kit is the best bang for the buck. At just over $300, you'd be hard pressed to find something as enjoyable for the price.

The stock front disc's and rear drums are adequate for a daily driver. Replacing the rotors, pads, shoes drums and brake lines can be done within the budget as well. I don't see the point of upgrading to full discs or larger brakes unless your hitting the track, or have no clue how to drive.

Next step would be a custom SCT Xcal 3 tune, or a new set of tires. Both are well worth the money.