Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Looking for PCV valve - Any Engine pics available?
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 08:20 AM   #50
TboneZX3
Ford Fiend

Fan#: 90494
What I Drive: '12 SE Sport, '01 ZX3, '67 Bronco

Points 1,277, Level 19
Points: 1,277, Level: 19 Points: 1,277, Level: 19 Points: 1,277, Level: 19
Level Up 77% Completed
Level up: 77% Level up: 77% Level up: 77%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 10 TboneZX3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandT View Post
They call that hose the PCV hose so if the flow is from the main air filter to the intake and before the throttle body then the whole picture falls into place, they use the pressure differential across the throttle body for the source vacuum in the PCV system. Sweet, simple and reliable.
Indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandT View Post
Assuming (there I go again) that Ford has implemented the cam timing changes that allow the intake valves to get washed with fuel (that 6 hour stint on other sites and Google), we should be good.
Yeah, I've read that too, but I just can't believe that process is nearly as effective at washing the valves as port injection. I think Ford has implemented DI very well, but I still would rather not have crankcase vapors/deposits getting in there. Let the hot oil, detergents and oil filter take care of it, I say.

As you say though, time will tell.
Hatch Nation #90
'12 SE Sport 5Dr |╠╬╝|Sterling Grey Metallic|203a|Moonroof|17" Paint/Mach Whls|K&N 57S-4000|FFE RMM|Steeda STB, RSB|JBR bushings
'01 ZX3|╠╬╝|Pitch Black|Prem. pkg.|Moonroof|SVT Snorkel|SVT Springs|S2 Dampers|Steeda STS|Magnaflow exh.