Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Having second thoughts about the 2012 Ford Focus... Should I?
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 09:30 PM   #26
The Focus Won
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 113442
What I Drive: 2012 Ruby Red Met SEL

FF Reputation: 1 The Focus Won Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Not a Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfox248 View Post
Do you mean other cars, or just the 2012 Focus? I've seen quite a few of the letter in the 12-13K range. Not tons, and they likely aren't for sale long. But I've found enough that I know they're out there and am willing to wait a bit until one with my specifications comes for sale when I'm ready to buy it.
I bought a 2012 Focus SEL MSRP $24500.00 In Nov.2012. Transmission problems, shifting, rolling back, dealer response "as designed" On 3rd trip to dealer a tech found an update for the DCT trans.Still shifted poorly 1st to 2nd. Car wandered on highway,steering pulled, not always,when applying brakes, dealer could not recreate problem. Paint peeling on hood, not warranted, pictures sent by dealer to FOMOCO, FOMOCO stated pictures showed damage caused "by birds/bees" in February, really. Interior lights would not come on when opening doors with remote. Dealer stated FOMOCO is aware of the defect, but do not have a fix for the problem at this time. Called Ford Customer service Feb.27, 2013, I was told that a representative would call within 48 hrs. I called again on March 4, 2013, I was told that my call would expedited. I received a call from FOMOCO rep. on March 5, 2013. told her my issues and was told I would hear back by Mar.8, 2013. I did not hear back from her. On March 18, 2013 I heard back from FOMOCO. I told her I traded the Focus in on March 17, 2013 for a GM. I gave up on FORD. I lost $3000.00. I had issues with the car, but when you cannot rely on the manufacturer you move on. You won't find a perfect car. Buy something with a good record, read a consumer report magazine. Good Luck