Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Repro ST3 Projector Headlights (review and write-up)
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 10:09 AM   #3
jdubhack
I WILL correct you.

Fan#: 103056
What I Drive: 2014 SGM Fusion Ti

FF Reputation: 37 jdubhack Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Repro ST3 Projector Headlights (review and write-up)

I want to make sure that I make this clear:

The inner most light came equipped with an H1 bulb. The harness, however, did not come connected to anything. Literally the green wire in the harness was cut. In other markets, NOT THE U.S., this is used as a 'cornering lamp'. That is not the case here. So. One these headlights, from this manufacturer, there is no use for the inner most light.

The LED brow IS the parking light. Without wiring it as a DRL it ONLY comes on when the parking lights are on, or the headlights have been turned on. The LED brow is the parking light. As you saw in the above post I wired them to be DRLs.

The high-beam comes equipped with an H7 bulb. I upgraded mine to the Sylvania ZXE H7 for better light output and a whiter light.

The low-beam is the projector. It REQUIRES a H7 bulb. Whether you choose to go HID (which I did, you can find that information in a later post) or halogen is your choice. You'll find pictures for both as I wanted to let those reading this see the difference. Projectors are MEANT for HID lights, but can be ran with halogen. Your H11 bulb in the stock housing WILL NOT work. The connections are different.

With halogen:

With HID (6000k):

With halogen:

With HID:

With halogen:

With HID:

<>< Gal. 6:14
April 2013 HOTM
2013 Ford Fun Weekend: Show Class Winner