Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Repro ST3 Projector Headlights (review and write-up)
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 11:08 AM   #2
jdubhack
I WILL correct you.

Fan#: 103056
What I Drive: 2014 SGM Fusion Ti

Points 9,084, Level 64
Points: 9,084, Level: 64 Points: 9,084, Level: 64 Points: 9,084, Level: 64
Level Up 12% Completed
Level up: 12% Level up: 12% Level up: 12%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 37 jdubhack Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Repro ST3 Projector Headlights (review and write-up)

In this post you'll find a write up for the headlights. Not the HID. That can be found in a later post.

As I said, these headlights are advertised as a "plug-n-play" unit. They are, however, if you want the LED brow to work as a DRL than there needs to be a little work done. That is what this post is, a write-up to get the LED brow to operate as a DRL.

You'll notice that there is a stand alone yellow wire that comes out of the bottom of the headlight housing. This wire is what is used to operate the brow as a DRL. The connector itself is odd and no male end was supplied. So I cut it off...

And crimped a male-end connector to it.

I ran a wire the from the fuse box to each headlight area and crimped a female-end to it. This enabled a easy quick connect/disconnect when pulling the headlights out.

I soldered wire from the right headlight into the left and ran a single wire to the fuse box.

I tapped into the "power/heated mirror" fuse. It is a hot power source ONLY when the ignition is on.

No ignition power. No LED brow.

Ignition power, and viola, LED DRL.

<>< Gal. 6:14
April 2013 HOTM
2013 Ford Fun Weekend: Show Class Winner