Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1 Points: 42, Level: 1
Level Up 84% Completed
Level up: 84% Level up: 84% Level up: 84%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 Eric1973 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Clutch HELP

Can anyone help me.. I just spent 2 days replacing the clutch in an 02 Ford Focus.. All went very well until it was time to start it.. Car started fine. But will not shift when the car is running at all. I will try to give all specifics, Car will shift when OFF. If I put the car say in reverese and then start it the car wants to move on its own with the clutch pushed in.. Same thing in 2nd gear but alittle worse the car will shake or stall with the brake applied..

I have tried to bleed it acouple times.. Not sure if I am doing that correctly. I guess the biggest question is should I continue to try and bleed it or should I check my linkages. (And I have checked the brake or clutch fluid has plenty I am adding more everytime I bleed it so that is not dry and has enough..) Or could it be a different problem other than linkage. I replaced the clutch master cylinder about 6 months ago on the clutch pedal. And thank you to Ericthecarguy video for the clutch replacement Awesome video, very detailed, saved me alot of problems..

Thank you in advance for your help,
Eric