Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Anyone trade their SEL or Titanium for a ST?
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 03:39 PM   #14
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
How bad did it depreciate , I got a deal and only paid 17,200 every option Tit but sun roof (didnt want it) curious what there down to now , what miles and mods and what was trade in

Tom
How the hell did you only pay 17.2 for a 401A Ti? Was that excluding taxes+ttl+ etc?

Even on Z plan it would have been more than this, as the invoice price is higher than A plan, unless it was either a demo or a car that had sat for a long period of time.

Modifications didn't affect the valuation as the appraiser didn't even look at the car, only the salesman did. Car was clean, has clean history, has replica ST wing, with ST clear third brake lamp (that was damaged due to the boss breaking off in the wing and it not being clamped when glued together, as well as a replaced front bumper cover / grilles from an ST as the other was slightly damaged. Depreciation was maybe ~30% of the out the door price after almost 1 yr and just over 15k miles. It was within the range suggested by the online appraisal service that Ford uses for customers to check an estimated value. It was higher than what some others were offered for similar cars with more or less miles but either a lower trim level or a higher one.

Took off the 17" wheels to use as winter ones for the ST and in case I put even larger slotted rotors on the car, as the 16" wheel is the smallest that currently fits around the better brakes of the ST.

Took out the Steeda intake as well as my aluminum oil cap and the rubber floor mats. Might leave them the brand new carpeted ones from the SEL, as I won't need them, but might just keep them all together. Idk.

Basically short of the front, wing, and exhaust I've de-modified the car as close as I can to their estimate. If I had a four post lift and a welder or a friend with said tools I might have taken off the ST cat back exhaust also but that's something that would cost money to remove and put back. Something I'm not going to do when there is no time to do it.