Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - FRPP Kit best fit and Sway combo
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 02:44 PM   #6
Albrtd3
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 109544
What I Drive: Black 2008 Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Albrtd3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPMisChris View Post
hmm didnt realize that you had an 08. A good start would be to look at our sponsors. Here is a link that might help http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/S...8&autoModClar=

You could pair the Eibach prokit with the kyb shocks/struts.
That combo would be around 450. However if you can spring (pun) for it I would go coilovers. You will get much better ride quality than any spring/shock/strut setup. I will let you look up the benefits of coilovers yourself.

I had the frpp kit for years and recently upgraded to coilovers. The difference is absolutely ridiculous. If you have the money go coilovers. You will save yourself money in the long run!
You know what, before I found out about the FFRP Kit I was leaning towards coilovers. I've read about how much better handling is that they provide, that and they just look ridiculously sexy, but that could be just me.

[s] I was a bit shy-ed away from the amount of drop I'll experience from them, but hell, it seems like unless I go the route Felix suggested (thanks again for the plethora of info, you know your stuff), I'll have to drop anyways. Might as well go quality.[/s]

Update Why do you recommend the Eibach/KYB combo as opposed to FRPP?