Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - FRPP Kit best fit and Sway combo
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 01:56 PM   #4
Albrtd3
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 109544
What I Drive: Black 2008 Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Albrtd3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by felixthecat View Post
Your looking for great handling, but not to lower your car, OK. Never heard that before.
Just never really been crazy about it, I have a lot of speed bumps where I live, I park on a steep driveway, and while I know I'm going to feel the bumps alot more with any upgraded suspension I don't want to be scraping every day. Fair enough?
That being said, you really took it to heart and you answered my question above and beyond. Thank you! That's some good info, I was kind of curious as to how crazy it would be to try to prevent too much lowering. Really appreciated.
What do you think of the FRPP kit (leaving the slight lowering out of mine)?
Thanks for the recommendation on the Eibach's sway bar kit also, I was looking at that so I could get both front and rear together. Good to know they're recommended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPMisChris View Post
I would just buy the complete eibach kit that has the springs, struts/shocks, and the sways. Or go coilovers. They can be had for around $800 if you look hard enough and trust me they offer a much better ride. Also, the front sway bar is a pia to install.
I'll give that a look. Do you recommend any places to order the kit from? As well, what does this have over the FRPP kit in your opinion?
I've never installed a front sway bar, so I can only guess, but if it's doable, I'll wrestle the sucker in but thanks for the headsup. Any tips for install?