Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Parking Sensor False Alarms
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 11:30 AM   #28
dragonpalm
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104183
What I Drive: 2013 White Platinum Titanium Sedan

Points 571, Level 11
Points: 571, Level: 11 Points: 571, Level: 11 Points: 571, Level: 11
Level Up 43% Completed
Level up: 43% Level up: 43% Level up: 43%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 3 dragonpalm Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by focus wht View Post
They could not tell which sensors were bad either so they ordered 2 and installed in the outside positions. They got lucky the first time as that cleared the problem. If that had not worked the plan was to switch the news to the inside as see what happens. They were first installed unpainted and left for a month in. The reason unpainted is because if they had to move to the inside they are different colour gloss black as outside ones are body colour. After a month of no issues the sensors were take out and sent to body shop for paint and then reinstalled and have never had false bbeping since. Previously to replacement I had 6 months of false beeping.
So, even though your 2 original front outside sensors "worked", they replaced them and gave your car back and the problem stopped? If so, your dealership is a keeper because they offered an alternative solution. My dealerships here won't go to those lengths and they keep saying they can only diagnose when the problem is occurring. Their latest suggestion is for me to take the tech on an extended test drive to trigger the problem. Now, I'll tell them to do start replacing sensors until the problem stops.