Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - powerstop brake package... any thoughts?
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2013, 08:04 AM   #13
2k2wranglerx
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 96554
What I Drive: 2013 ST

FF Reputation: 1 2k2wranglerx Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGlassMaker View Post
Coming from someone who actually has this this kit. I will tell you it is night and day over stock. I've never had a brake system stop with that much force. It's a solid pedal every time I use the brakes. No brake fade.

I played around with them stopping at various speeds, but i didn't see the full benefit till it came time to use them with out thinking. I had a deer walk out in front of me, I stood on the pedal it stopped with so much force it tried to pull me to the floor I had to scoot back in the seat afterward. I will recommend these to anyone, I've had them a month now with no issues.

If you do a proper break in, you will get the performance out of them that you would expect. If you get the powerstop 1 click kit it comes with powerstops ceramic pads.

good to hear. hoping for similar results on my 2012.

my current rotors are also pretty grooved. which is disappointing for the mileage. But they'd definitely need cut.

in the end I think this kit was worth the $. hopefully I get similar performance to yours.