Old 04-24-2013, 04:10 PM   #10
DerrekForreal
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 53921
What I Drive: 2013 Sterling Hatchback - 5 speed

FF Reputation: 1 DerrekForreal Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
An update-

I have not seen my car or heard from the dealership in 10 days, so I thought I should call them. (Plus, I am starting to fall in love with this Fusion loaner car they gave me - dammit! )

Here is what I was told-

Dealership:
"Things took a turn for the worst yesterday. The mechanic installed the seal and put the engine back together, but the timing was off. We broke 8 valves, damaged all 4 pistons, and wrecked the head."

Me:
"Um, that's unfortunate....." (I mean, I am kind of speechless at this point).

Dealership (Service Manager):
"Well, apparently, due to engine changes over the years, there is no longer a mark on the camshaft for 2010 & later models as there was on the earlier ones. I contemplated for about 5 minutes on the issue, and trying to fix it was no longer an option. We ordered a new engine from Ford, they are installing it as we speak. That $12 crankshaft seal got really expensive on our end."

Me:
"Wow, yeah, that did get expensive. Thanks for ordering a new engine, guess I'll have to break that in huh?"

Dealership:
"Yep, we should have it all done tomorrow, we'll call you."

So, I guess I have a 2010 Focus with 26,000 miles on the car and ZERO on the engine - THANKS FORD!