Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Do i need seat brackets
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 10:13 PM   #11
jugglethese
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 108852
What I Drive: 2007 focus gloss black SAP zx3

Points 1,619, Level 23
Points: 1,619, Level: 23 Points: 1,619, Level: 23 Points: 1,619, Level: 23
Level Up 19% Completed
Level up: 19% Level up: 19% Level up: 19%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 jugglethese Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor View Post
Options:

1. Seller near by - go measure the brackets, even make your own cardboard template to help.

2. Far away - see if the seller can measure widths, lengths, and drops so you can check how close it is to fitting

Either way, if 2 or more bolt right up & others need a spacer for example, might not be too bad.

3. At the price, you're close to getting one of the cheaper Corbeau's for example (driver only), and that would take care of your bad seat plus get you closer to the pair you want some day...

4. least attractive right now, junkyard a replacement for the damaged seat & keep looking. If these won't fit easy, or will break the bank getting it done...

Luck!
i messaged the guy about the seat bracket measurements he didnt get back to me yet. i told him i dont really need his brackets if he'd lower the price down to 150ish. if he'll get rid of these seats for that price, i wont have a problem buying brackets.
i haven't thought of trying the junk yard, im going to call them tomorrow and see what they have. but im sure they'll be charging 100+ for it. but then i dont have to worry about the air bag light being on and the bladder for the seat belts :)