Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Not your average Turbo Build
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 05:23 PM   #61
AMMO-Duke
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84715
What I Drive: 2005 Grey ZX4

Points 1,163, Level 18
Points: 1,163, Level: 18 Points: 1,163, Level: 18 Points: 1,163, Level: 18
Level Up 63% Completed
Level up: 63% Level up: 63% Level up: 63%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 8 AMMO-Duke Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
UPDATE!

If you remember, my turbo oil drain goes directly into a hole in the side of the head that had a large plug from the factory. Of course they could not use something with a common thread size, they just had to come up with some oddball size that you cannot find hardware for. It is a 3/4 inch thread but the threadcount is very fine. So what I did originally is just stick the hose in the hole(it fit tightly). I know this is not very scientific, but it never leaked a drop. The real issue was that the hose was not made for oil and I knew that I would have to deal with it sooner or later. Well...the hose got really soft, so I decided to fix it more permanently.

I used a 3/4 garden hose adapter as seen in the pic below. I added a large o-ring that fits perfectly inside the smooth part of the hole before the threads.

I added a good amount of RTV to the threads and cross-threaded that sucker in. It is very tight and is not going anywhere!

Here is a pic of the oil drain on the bottom of the turbo.

I used an oil rated hose(same as I use on my oil cooler). There is no clamp on the adapter side because the hose is so tight that I could barely get it on to begin with.

Finished....no leaks and no oil drain issues!