View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 03:44 PM   #14
rageclick
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 110986
What I Drive: 2001 Ford Focus LX

FF Reputation: 1 rageclick Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Here's what I think, let me know what you guys think. (BTW I just bought this car not to long ago.)

So I dug around more & found that the cable that powers the o2 sensors, power pump, steering box, & something to transmission has a few flaws.

It's all 1 cable, so also wondering if theres a name for it. Or is it one of those FORD parts where Ima prob have to spend over 100 on directly from dealer.

In first picture, kinda hard to see but the pins have like this white condensation crust on it. This is where the cable plugs in.

Second picture, the connecter that you plug the cable in is kinda burnt... but still looks like it will work.

Third picture, wire was actually leaning agaisn't exhaust, melted the protective plastic coat.

Forth picture, are 2 wires come from same cable, when I was feeling for it a few plastic chunks crumbled off the wire. Wire feels stiff & burnt.

Last picture is a separate cable for the fans, but you can see was also burn't (Not as bad as the cable underneath.) but should be replaced also.

ALSO found my driver side strut snapped =( Replaced motor mounts couple weeks ago to stop a vibration that didn't work and I believe this is the problem "rollseyes". Just did rear shocks last month too, completely over looked front end.

IF anyone knows if there's a specific name for the cable underneath & fans, let me know pls
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	17918  

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	17919