Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Ford Focus Titanium 2012 - Just purchased, 2 major problems/questions
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 01:23 PM   #1
Markz
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 113858
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 Markz Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Ford Focus Titanium 2012 - Just purchased, 2 major problems/questions

Hey guys, I just purchased (as of last friday) a used Ford Focus Titanium 2012 with 16 000KM, pearl white with sports suspension and low profile tires on 18 inches wheel. My old car was a 2009 Yaris with no options at all, so i'm not used to this kind of drive at all.

Kind of looks like this (i'll post actual photos tonight) :

http://www.carenvy.ca/wp-content/upl...1-1024x764.jpg

QUESTION 1 :

When I start accelerating from 0/idle... the car revs up to 3000+ RPM before switching from 1st to 2nd. It sounds really terrible, as if the car was trying really hard to get in motion. Same happens from 2nd to 3rd. Is this normal? It just sounds like a bad shift every time I start again from a red light or a stop sign. Once in a while, it also jerks and stutters from 1st to 2nd, as if the transmission was kicking in hard.

QUESTION 2 :

When I hit terrible road or bumps at 20/30mph in my small town, the steering wheel goes completly crazy. It turns itself from left to right and sometimes just starts veering completly off in one direction, pushing hard with a certain force. Is this because of the large wheels and sports suspension? I am definitly not used to this. I was in complete control with my Yaris. Now, it just feels like i'm working overtime to keep the car going straight when hitting bumps. The scariest is when the wheel starts veering right or left on its own and just doesnt stop until i've pushed it back hard to straighten it up. It usually last 3 to 5 seconds. Weird. I know it's not the alignement or direction (not sure what is the proper term in english) as it runs perfectly on good road at high speed. I can drive with no hands on the highway for a good 30 second+ (not that I actually do that) :P

Thanks for your help