Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Focus ST or Fusion SE 1.6 Ecoboost 6-spd M/T? Which would you pick?
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 04:10 AM   #43
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 21 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjd4277 View Post
^^ Believe or not the salesman whose doing my deal(and who also sold me my Focus 3 years ago)is the one who ORDERED IT!!lol Apparently he was planning to buy it for himself as he was going to give his current car(a Fiesta) to his 16 year old daughter,who just got her license. He said if I buy this one,he'll just order another one,so no worries there.
So basically what you're saying was that it was actually specifically ordered for a particular person (or else Ford wasn't going to build it at least per the order guide), but that said person is a dealership employee and is willing to sell the car now and then order another one instead afterwards? So basically the truth still stands that Ford didn't build the car just for the hell of it, lol.

That makes much more sense than it just having randomly shown up at the dealer. There was one manual listed at a dealer near me, but that was the dealer mistyping what they actually had, it turns out it was a 2.0 L EcoBoost Fusion that they had tagged as a manual instead.