View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 11:54 PM   #101
Zewerr
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 56889
What I Drive: 2003 Silver SVT

FF Reputation: 1 Zewerr Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
So last weekend I didn't enjoy getting my ass handed to me as I ran on an old set of Hoosiers with an FSP index because I finally installed my coil-overs, and had no good street tires to run on. And being tired of waiting for my ZII's, I ordered/mounted a set of 225/45R16 Toyo R1R's shaved to 4/32". So far, my STF build have been slower than expected, having only been able to get my coil-overs in, and still running an Eibach rear sway. Today, while instructing at the novice school, we got to run our cars during the lunch break. Already, my car feels way faster than it did in H-stock form. The tires were very responsive. They don't grip quite as well as the Hoosiers did on sweepers and turn arounds (playing around with shock settings and tire pressures may improve this), but in the slaloms, the car is amazing. There was a good size 7 cone slalom in today's course, and I don't remember ever driving a car that felt that good through a slalom. I will likely be purchasing a set of ZIIs later in the year, but I kinda like running on these Toyos for the contingency.