Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Wind deflectors.....
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 10:18 AM   #13
dyn085
That Guy

Fan#: 98047
What I Drive: 2014 FiST/FoST

Points 24,755, Level 95
Points: 24,755, Level: 95 Points: 24,755, Level: 95 Points: 24,755, Level: 95
Level Up 41% Completed
Level up: 41% Level up: 41% Level up: 41%
Forum Activity 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%
FF Reputation: 49 dyn085 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMaiden View Post
Stick-ons work are ok on aq truck but on a car where cleaner lines are important I'd go with in-channel.
^This x2. Here is what the out-of-channel looked like on my car. Not a fan, but they didn't have in channel when I bought mine-

They looked ok from far, but I didn't like them up close. Then one broke at the forward tab that slides behind the mirror and the side started peeling away from the trim so I just ripped them off. EGR makes in-channel in both clear and smoke.

I really liked having them so that I could leave the windows cracked in the warm weather to help let some of the hot interior air out. It gives you the peace of mind that if a random shower appeared out of nowhere that you didn't need to run out and roll up your windows. That, and with remote start I can just start it up for a couple of minutes before getting in and the interior would be much more comfortable after pushing some more of the warm air out.

Edit: Forgot to mention that they were surprisingly noisy when driving with the windows up. I don't know if the in-channel are much quieter, but I definitely knew mine were there when the windows were up and I was going down the highway...
2014 FiST-