Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Mile30 -vs- Boosted Olds (Battle Thread)
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 09:49 PM   #93
Mile30
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 74686
What I Drive: '03 ZX3

Points 7,918, Level 59
Points: 7,918, Level: 59 Points: 7,918, Level: 59 Points: 7,918, Level: 59
Level Up 84% Completed
Level up: 84% Level up: 84% Level up: 84%
Forum Activity 4%
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%
FF Reputation: 7 Mile30 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=296590

It has begun... The Calais better be up for some road-trippin'!!!

I've been waiting for Ma-Nature to come around and provide the perfect conditions for this event... and Gaia has delivered!!!I have an 'asset' in the county-in-question, so I need to get them out for a local-only scouting run before I dish final deets on lodging, location, and basic rules.I will put this out WAAAAAAY ahead of any further info:This isn't a Gumball-style hellride, or hooning trip! Enthusiastic driving is bound to happen, and I need folks to understand that the route snakes through farmlands (one of which is maybe 20ft off the roadside with a cow feeding-enclosure); loud revving will absolutely cause trouble there and get the local constabulary involved.The roads are well paved (until you get to the best parts), the most technical section is DANGEROUS! If you mess around on a few of these sections the likelihood of ending up on a live news broadcast as tow crews recover a smoking husk that used to be a nice car will increase ten-fold... scare tactics (I know); but the point is: be responsible! If you mess up-> it'll be your own fault.So the cogs have begun turning and I'm going into high-gear for preparations. My car isn't isn't even running right now (due to a custom-ignition-install-turned-oh-shite) and a bad wheel bearing/ABS/braking issue; so if all else fails in the meantime, I'll rent a car and get extra insurance to do this!

The few of you who may be interested: get ready!