View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 07:02 PM   #15
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

Fan#: 55157
What I Drive: zx3 turbo, kia soul, 71 chevy c/10

FF Reputation: 35 focusmaniaczx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
for starters, i dont know whether empi axles are any good or not but im going to go with probably not. there used to be some 300mm billet axles available for about $300 per side but they have long since disappeared. you wouldnt want those anyway because you will never break one of them. instead you would bust your transmission case. other than the billet axles i have never heard of anyone having better luck with anything other than motorcraft axles. we have a guy that ran a 600whp focus on slicks for hundreds of passes on stock motorcraft axles before breaking one. replaced it with an autozone part and broke it very quickly afterwards. to my knowledge he went back to motorcraft and has had no more issues. i wouldnt run a rebuilt axle either. try to stick with NEW motorcraft axles and you should be okay.

wheel hop will break stuff thats for sure. check the condition of your ball joints, control arm bushings, and front shocks. if any one of those are worn out it will make wheel hop worse.

and yes traction control is a bitch. im pretty sure you have to have an actual tune to really turn it off. cant say for sure though since ive not done any of that with my SVT. mine is strictly a daily driver. i dont beat on it and it will never go to the track except to spectate LOL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus
I love this big little city HOOTERS !
Every time you drink a beer somewhere an ugly woman becomes beautiful, so get to it!