Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - K&N round drop-in filter for 2013 Focus?
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2013, 03:35 PM   #9
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 21 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigeo View Post
Thanks for the picture, just wanted to make sure I got the right one. Its been years since I had one and the lats one in my Toyota truck was just flat/same shape as stock. I assume also that you can put the lid back on the air box with it installed?
The stock filter is virtually the same size and shape (give or take a few milimeters), as a paper element round filter that just slip fits onto the MAF housing and into a groove in the airbox and lid.

Yes the lid drops right back into position and bolts on with the 4 8mm bolts.

I installed one after around 500 miles of driving, but noticed almost no difference in fuel economy directly before or after installing the filter, even as the engine broke in a bit. I've since swapped the stock airbox and K&N filter for a Steeda CAI about 3-500 miles ago (Car now has over 14,3xx miles on it).

The filter did seem to help throttle response somewhat, but it wasn't that dramatic, or I got used to it fairly quickly.

If you just want a mild modification that is re-useable, washable, and re-oilable to last the life of the car the K&N is a good option compared to the stock paper filters.