Old 04-16-2013, 03:27 PM   #16
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

FF Reputation: 23 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
It's fixed and it sounds much better.

It's louder than stock, but quieter than running with an open exhaust after the first resonator. It sounds much meaner as well even though I've only driven it a couple of miles.

It seems that the stock st rear muffler/ twin tip just barely touches the valance in the double walled section of the tip, so I'm not sure if it will need to be notched at all.

With low throttle applications/ steady cruising it quiets down to near stock levels even with the CAI, but if you get on it you hear it.

To anyone thinking of doing something similar take it to an exhaust shop, it needs a little bit of work as the flange is not clocked exactly the same way so the pipes end up rotated slightly in the wrong direction. A couple cuts, and a few slip joints welded on the outside and it's all tucked in just like an aftermarket catback all for less than $400, and actually under 300 if you subtract the amount of money wasted at the first shop. Even the cheapest available version of the magnaflow 2.25" cat back cost more than that just in parts alone. The lowest I've seen listed for the hatch is around $500-550. So, so far I'm pretty happy with it even though the first place messed it up pretty badly at first. Started a job they were incapable of finishing.