Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Woot Woot! Goodbye to my LAST Ford car!
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2013, 08:15 PM   #76
Supernaut
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85958
What I Drive: '99 Kawasaki Ninja EX500

FF Reputation: 1 Supernaut Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselboy77 View Post
every chrysler product i owned was garbage , my dad obsessed with chrysler and he only buys chrysler vehicles even tho he already had 6 that was junk , now he wants a jeep
Those sort of zealous types really irritate me. In my experience its usually the Chevy fanatics that are the worst offenders, and I would say VW nuts are close second. I didn't know what to call them in the past but I think "fanboy" is the best way to sum it up.

The most pathetic case I remember was one D-bag on a construction site, inhis 30's devoted to his POS stock cavalier that was on its second transmission and 3rd head gasket. I remember him saying something to the effect of "I know I've had to spend a lot of money fixing it, but damn! Chevy Speed!"

In other words it wouldn't have mattered if it was the worst piece of crap in the world, he was just that deeply infatuated with the idea of driving a Chevrolet.
I could go on with stories about those types, but that would need another thread of its own.

And to the OP: Congrats on the Dart. I guess you can't be blamed too much for wanting something different after the trouble you had with your particular focus.