Old 04-12-2013, 10:30 AM   #1
offroad
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 110140
What I Drive: 2013 Silver SE Hatch, 201A, 5MT

FF Reputation: 1 offroad Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Sync Questions

Picked up the wife's new ride yesterday and have a few Sync questions, it's Sync with MyFord, (No MFT).

Salesman paired both our phones and made my wife's primary.
If we are both in the car and someone call's me, will sync pick it up or is only one device paired at a time?

I have mp3's on a usb keystick, they are in single level folders by artist.
When I first inserted it Sync said it couldn't use the keystick, awhile later I reinserted it and the songs would play.
They seem to play in random order even if shuffle is set to off, I assumed skipping to the next track would play the next file in that folder (artist) but this isn't happening. (ID tags have been checked and are correct)
Should I have the files in folders, or all just on the root of the drive?

When playing files from my wife's phone via Bluetooth, file info isn't displayed. Files from the USB keystick display file info fine.
I haven't checked the ID tags on her microSD card, but since none display I'm wondering if this is a limitation of her phone or Bluetooth playback?

So far Sync seems very easy to use, took the salesman only a few minutes to pair both phones and show us the basics.
On the way home my wife who struggles a bit with some tech, had no issues making numerous calls.

In contrast my FIL just bought a new CRV, and was showing me his top of the line Hondalink system with NAV etc.
He apparently has to record his voice saying exactly what he would say to dial a phone book entry, and do this for every entry he wants to voice dial later. Maybe he doesn't know how to use it correctly but Sync seems much better.